Advertisment

AuthorHouse Self Publishing Boook Company

Search This Blog

Thursday 19 January 2012

What is Happiness?

Happiness is one topic so many scholars have tried to explain fr so many years. Yet from one generation to another it remains something that is being searched for. With all the knowledge, and wisdom shown by the theories that has been propounded by these scholars, happiness seems to still elude man.
Recently, there was a survey backed by the church, that says that half a million children in the UK are unhappy. This the Arch bishop of York  Dr John Sentamu says " is a wake up call to us all". Which surprisingly, Sebastian  Shakespeare in his article for London Evening Standard Friday 13 January 2012 issue attacked this survey , in the opinion that Christianity should be about spreading the the good news of the gospel and therefore should be more positive. Ignoring the fact that was raised. Thanks goodness he did remember what Christianity is all about. By the way, he went on to say; "our children are certainly more costed than previous generations and have access to all the latest gadgets and designer clothes. I was shocked by the number of young children of my acquaintance who recieved ipad2s at Christmas."

After reading this I began to wonder what truly is happiness. Should happiness be equal to the amount of material possession that one has . Has any form of invention been able to create any true happiness in the life of man? I f we must agree to that then why is there so much uprising every where, why is there so much dissatisfaction with the mass. Especially in this millennium of so much technological invention. So I began to search to find out more about this happiness thing to know if there's any other person out there who will have a different light to throw on this issue.

I happened to find my self on the article written by Dr Russell Razzaque, a psychiatrist in the UK's NHS. He explained the two major theories of happiness. First being, Hedonic theory; which is entirely the attainment of pleasure and avoidance of pain. Oh I said this is obviously in line with what the Evening standard man was talking about. But my question is, has technology been able to bring about avoidance of pain? Or what is the fear of climate change and cancer phone scare all about. I never know fear as a form of pleasure.

The second being, Endaimonic theory, which talks about self realisation. The extent to which we are fulfilling our potential in life. Which is a bit on the side of my argument . But yet lacking in the vital ingredients. Then he also refers to Aristotle, who said that " true happiness was to be found in the expression of virtue. That is, doing that which is to be done".

What is that which is to be done?
At this point, I decided to consult the ultimate wisdom; my bible . Immediately I read Hebrew 13:5-6: " Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, I will never leave you, I will never abandon you. Let us be bold, then and say the lord is my helper. And so many other places to be referred. When you study the word of God, it is clear that true happiness lies with obeying and doing as God commands. That's the only true way to attain happiness. The only thing which is to be done. Ever since Man decided to go it by the way of his knowledge, pain and suffering and ultimately death came in. For this reason Christ had to come to take the suffering away by subjecting himself to all those suffering. Yet we have not sort his face.

It can not be over emphasised, not until man realises that God is his make, and deserve to be worshiped and praised. This world will remain in pain and suffering. For us individuals who are called by his name. We gain the self fulfilment when we recourse to him in prayer and thanks giving. For he said I will give you life in abundance. I will never abandon you. If God be for us who can be against us?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you thank you Dr.jarto for what you have just done, for helping me getting my h who left me with two kids years ago to me I thank you so much the great jarto of Dr.jartospellcaster@gmail.com for Bringing back my family i am great full and will always be if you also Need his help his email (Dr.jartospellcaster@gmail.com ) My name is elen jones I am from Spain i want to share my happiness with the general public of what Dr.jarto of india but now in Africa has done for me in the last few weeks i was once in love this guy called McCarty we in love with each other until traveled out of my state for two year and we promise ourselves to be together forever, but before return from my journey he where now having another lover when i try to come back to he. He told me i should go away i love him so much that i could not let he go just like that then i told a friend about it and she advice me and recommend this man Dr.jarto for me when i visit he at Dr.jartospellcaster@gmail.com he only ask me to buy some items for sacrifices to help me get my ex back and he actually did it and it work well and today I am happy with encase any one is out there with same problem or any kind I advice he or she to contact this man today at Dr.jartospellcaster@gmail.com and with what he did for me I believe he can also help you thank once again Dr jarto



    ReplyDelete