Advertisment

AuthorHouse Self Publishing Boook Company

Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 January 2012

What have you been up to .

Wait a minute before you browse off. Honestly I don't intend to put you under scrutiny. I only want to share with you what I have been doing lately. It's not going to be so boring , I promise.
Right, now that we've agreed on one thing, that makes it better.

I have been volunteering with a local primary school. Whatever is available to be done. Today has been exceptional, all day we were in the school forest, it was very cold,and we were there for a good two hours. But I tell you, it was fun. Just running around and answering all the unending questions from these young and innocent kids. It was amazing. I must say too, I learnt a lot as well. And at the end was so fulfilled with my being. Not that I don't have any other thing to do. But I realised at some point that it's far more important to invest in the younger generation, handing down a legacy of giving back. As a parent, it is a form of motivation too for my daughter who is a pupil in the school too. To her seeing me render service especially to her in that manner makes her feel proud to be in school.

What's the point of this whole story then? Well the point am trying to make is that,  we all have been given something to give back. As long as you live, you are obliged to be grateful to Him who gave you the life that you have. Not just in words but indeed. There is no one that has not got a talent to make the world a better place. Yet often , I hear people say when I get money , I will change change the world.


Do you need to have all the money, and in fact you don't even need money to change the world. Begin with the world around you. If you can not share the £1 that you have now, then you can not share the million. Service to humanity, listening to the one who is lonely, giving your time and or paying attention to the one who speaks, staying calm and gentle, being patient and waiting for your turn are all little things that we all can do to make the world a better place. Just to name but a few. Whatever it is that you set your heart on that will give you genuine joy and peace, and bring love and happiness for mankind is all worth doing. Have you decided yet how you want to change the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment