Advertisment

AuthorHouse Self Publishing Boook Company

Search This Blog

Monday 9 January 2012

Keeping your faith in focus.

GOLD, FRANKINCENSE AND MYRRH.

The scripture doesn't say how many wise men there were, but traditionally we say of three, since there were three gifts given to Jesus. These gifts of the wise men are known to every child who has taken part in a school nativity play:: gold, frankincense and myrrh. As we celebrate the Epiphany , we can either just look back on the past events, or we can make it real for ourselves. If we do the later, which is what true worship demands, then we have to present our gifts before God. Each of us has gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh that we can offer in the service of God and others.:
GOLD:  Is one of the most valuable metals we can buy. If we give someone an article made from gold, we are saying that we consider them very special and precious to us. Engagement rings and wedding rings, retirement watches all pay tribute to this. What are the precious things in our life that God has given to us? Husband or wife, children and grand children, parents, friends, brothers and sisters, health, friends? Whatever this gold may be, Epiphany is the feast for the acknowledging it before the Christ child, and for thanking God for such a blessing in our live. Our gifts of gold remind us that life is precious.

FRANKINCENSE:  This produces a fragrance that sweetens and freshens the atmosphere. It falls somewhere between a modern day air freshener and a very strong perfume. What talents and skills do I have which can make life more pleasant for those around me? Maybe, things as diverse as being able to sing, to bake cake, to arrange flowers, to sew, knit or embroider, to paint, draw, to play musical instrument, to cook or to tell a very good story. Whatever our gift are in this direction, Epiphany gives us the chance to thank God for them and an opportunity to promise to use them more in the coming year. Our gifts of frankincense can make life sweeter for others.

MYRRH: Is an ointment used to soothe , to heal and to act as a salve. Its modern day equivalent is some sort of medicine , a jelly or cream. what are the situations in our lives which are in need of healing? Are we called to patch up long-standing argument with a family member? Are we being asked to visit someone on our street who needs a listening ear? Do we know of people who have been recently bereaved? Can we mediate in dispute, pour oil on troubled waters or visit someone who is in prison , hospital, or sick at home? We all have the gift of myrrh; only some of us use it. Epiphany is about bearing gifts before the infant Jesus. We too have our own gold, frankincense and myrrh . To celebrate this feast is to promise to bring our gifts forward to those and where they are needed.

Adapted from the church bulletin.(St peters catholic Church Woolwich , London.Parish Priest: Fr Micheal Scanlon.Email: rev.mscanlon@stpeterswoolwich.org.uk)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you Dr.jarto for what you have just done, for helping me getting my h who left me with two kids years ago to me I thank you so much the great jarto of Dr.jartospellcaster@gmail.com for Bringing back my family i am great full and will always be if you also Need his help his email (Dr.jartospellcaster@gmail.com ) My name is elen jones I am from Spain i want to share my happiness with the general public of what Dr.jarto of india but now in Africa has done for me in the last few weeks i was once in love this guy called McCarty we in love with each other until traveled out of my state for two year and we promise ourselves to be together forever, but before return from my journey he where now having another lover when i try to come back to he. He told me i should go away i love him so much that i could not let he go just like that then i told a friend about it and she advice me and recommend this man Dr.jarto for me when i visit he at Dr.jartospellcaster@gmail.com he only ask me to buy some items for sacrifices to help me get my ex back and he actually did it and it work well and today I am happy with encase any one is out there with same problem or any kind I advice he or she to contact this man today at Dr.jartospellcaster@gmail.com and with what he did for me I believe he can also help you thank once again Dr jarto



    ReplyDelete
  2. GENUINE LOVE SPELL TO SAVE YOUR RELATIONSHIP,GET YOUR EX BACK BEFORE CHRISTMAS...HAPPYLOVESPELL2@GMAIL.COM IS THE BEST WHO CAN RESTORED BACK YOUR BROKEN MARRIAGE WITH AN URGENT SPELL THAT WORK FAST.
    I just found out about my husband cheating on me with a co-worker! We’ve been married going on two years. 2kids. lots of amazing momments together. i want to leave, but i love him so much. all i can think about is how nothing stopped him. how he has to see her everyday because they work together. we are both still young and very attractive. but i want my husband, my friend, and the father of my beautiful children. how do i get past the thought of another woman having my husband? Not my fiancĂ©, not my boyfriend, but my husband! i still love him even though he thinks i want to leave i really want him to do better and stop me before i walk out! my husband told me that he doesn’t feel loved anymore, just because of this co-worker he has be cheating on with me that he wants a divorce, i was devastated, heart broken i begged him to listen to me that we can work it out like we always do, but he didn’t listen, he told me that he met someone that loves and understands him, i begged him to consider our kids but he’s did listen. he left and i was frustrated, i began searching for help and answers, then i heard about a man that can Cast a spell to remind him of all the things we have been through together, at first I was scared then i decided to give it a try, and like magic my husband came back, apology and begging for forgiveness, thanks to this man, I’m posting this to help people with
    similar issues. You can contact him for help too. happylovespell2@gmail.com or call and add him of on whatsapp number: +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete