Advertisment

AuthorHouse Self Publishing Boook Company

Search This Blog

Saturday 11 February 2012

Hope when all else stand on rope


 For the past twenty minutes that I turned on the television. It has been all doom and gloom. The news are all so horrifying. The forecast for the world economy is bleak. There is panic every where. There is hopelessness in the eyes and mouth of people.  People are depressed, there are killings every where , the people are up against the governments,and the governments are not listening. There is shortage of money , there is inflation and the parents are finding it difficult to put food on the table for their kids. There are cries on the streets.  Countries are rising against one another.  There are news of family members shooting other family members. There are incidents of  suicides being reported . The situation is really hopeless.

The uncertainty of what lies ahead given the news is just so depressing even for me . I began to ask my self, what is all these. Where is God in all these. Why has he allowed all these ? What is next? Any hope for the future ? What about our children? Should it have been better I didn't bother having them. I could go on and on. The more I thought and ask these  questions on   all that was being said , the more I felt helpless and hopeless.  Not having any clear answer I quickly switched the Television off. I continued to  think of what I have heard but yet, non of that made sense to me.

I began to feel anxious , luckily, I had my bible beside me. I randomly opened a page just to take my mind off the news. And it was like God opened the page for me to read . My eyes fell on ..."suddenly a strong wind blew up, and the waves began to spill over into the boat, so that it about to fill with water. Jesus was in the back of the boat sleeping...., you know the story,Mark4:35 - 41. What happened, then the apostles were panicked and so they woke Jesus up. Jesus in his might rebuked the storm and their was peace and calm. The apostles were astonished , and asked who is this man even the storm listen to him.

Yes!. Jesus is Lord and his  name is above every other name. So that at the mention of his name every knee must bow. There is no need to worry if we truly believe that he is Lord. For to them that believe he has given the power to become his children. He said ask seek and knock and you will find.  He said is there anything difficult for him to do? Jesus is true to his word. He is ever ready to save, to make it happen for us at all time. He is the one to call to even when everything else stand on rope. Only call out to him and he will answer.


Prayer
Psalm 69:1 - 3: Save me, Oh God . The water is up to my neck . I am sinking in deep mud, and there is no solid ground; I am out in deep water and the waves are about to drown me. I am worn out from calling for help, and my throat is aching. I have strained my eyes , looking for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment